There is so much to see and do, all year-round. If boating is your passion, the waters off Bristol are world renowned for excellent sailing.
Of course summer heralds the internationally acclaimed Newport Jazz Festival
, as well as Bristol's 4th of July Celebration
, where we play host to the oldest continuous Fourth of July celebration in the country. Early December in Bristol is also special, with the Grand Illumination – where downtown becomes alive with thousands of Christmas lights. This event is attended by thousands of townspeople and visitors.
If the outdoors is your passion, Explore Bristol
and the rest of Rhode Island with Outside New England
The Herreshoff Marine Museum
International America's Cup Hall of Fame
Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum
Coggeshall Farm Museum
Bristol Art Museum
Bristol Historical & Preservation Society
Mount Hope Farm
Bristol Train of Atillery
Bristol County Court House
Roger Williams University
Colt State Park & Beach
Audubon Society Environmental Educational Center
BOATS, DOCKS & CHARTERS
For more information about bringing your boat to Bristol please contact:
Harbor Master's Office 401.253.1700
Bristol Yacht Club
Sail Narragansett Bay
Sea Scope America's Cup Charters
Can't Imagine Fishing Charters
Saltwater Edge Fishing Charters
Bristol Harbor Inn Dockage
- The docks at Bristol Harbor Inn are to be used by guests of Bristol Harbor Inn and Thames Street Landing only (hotel guests and visitors of our retail shops). All visitors to our docks must check in at the hotel front desk either in person or by calling 866.254.1444. There is a 3-hour time limit for all slips. Please be considerate. Our docks are private property made available free of charge for public use. Please help keep them that way.
- Dockage at all docks is first-come, first-serve. We are unable to reserve or hold space on the docks.
- There is no overnight dockage on any of the docks. There is no fuel, water, or power on any of the docks.
- Cygnus Sailing Adventures occupies the western-most float Thursday thru Sunday from Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day. All other boats are prohibited from using this area during that time.
- Overnight parking for autos is limited to Bristol Harbor Inn guests only. Boaters cannot leave cars parked in Thames Street Landing lots overnight. They will be towed.
- There is currently no charge to tie-up at any of the docks.
- There are moorings available through Bristol Marine (Ph. 253.2200)
- There are 3 main dock areas:
- Touch-and-go Docks: This area is designated for boats that are dropping off or picking up people from the dock. No boats shall be tied up in this area. The Bristol Marine Launch will also have use of this area to pick up/drop off people from the dock. Bristol Marine may be hailed on channel 69. (Launch hours 8am-9pm Sunday – Thursday; 8am 10pm Friday & Saturday.) Average Depth: 15-20 feet
- Tie-up Docks: Boat tie-ups are permitted in this area. Dockage is first-come, first-served, with a 3 hour dockage time limit. Approximately 6 boats may fit in the tie-up areas. Overnight dockage is strictly prohibited. Average Depth: 10-14 feet
- Dinghy Docks: Dinghy docks are first-come, first-served. Overnight dockage is strictly prohibited. Average Depth: 5-8 feet
Unauthorized vessels left overnight will be promptly removed. Any costs associated with removing a vessel from the property shall be the responsibility of the vessel owner.
The full cooperation of our boating community is required for the docks to remain open to the public. The docks are the private property of Bristol Harbor Inn and Thames Street Landing. With everyone's help we will keep them available for all to share.